POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My chickens and the cost of cheap food : Re: My chickens and the cost of cheap food Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My chickens and the cost of cheap food
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Oct 2009 12:08:04
Message: <4accbce4$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:01:17 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>> It's sad that our food system has become so commoditized that most
>> people can't believe that there could be such a difference in quality.
>
> Well, I don't know. I'm not convinced that one slab of chicken breast
> tastes any different to another.

I think you just unwittingly proved Jeremy's point. :-)

I can believe there is a difference, but I've tasted the difference.

Same thing with steak; I've had some downright cheap steaks in
restaurants and bought better quality cuts myself and cooked them.  With
a restaurant, one way of telling if they get a good quality cut is if
they'll cook it rare.  A good quality steak is best served (IMHO) rare;
if you are going to turn it into a charcoal briquette, you don't need
quality because you're going to cook all the flavour out of it anyways.

That extra water?  Ice from when it's frozen, most likely.

Jim